Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Feminism makes me throw up my testicles.

First of all, let me just say that I'm all for equal rights. EQUAL rights. If a woman applies for a job and is more qualified than anyone else who applied for the same job, she should get the opportunity to hold that job. If a woman applies for a job and is as qualified as everyone else who applied, she should get equal opportunity to prove herself in an interview and should not be discriminated against just because she's a woman. HOWEVER, if a woman applies for a job and is as qualified as everyone else who applied, she should NOT get the job solely because she is a woman. And even farther, if a woman applies for a job and is LESS qualified than some of the men who applied, she should NOT GET THE JOB.

If you disagree with anything I have said thus far, you are either a blind feminist or retarded. Probably both.

I was watching the US Open (tennis) this past weekend and at the beginning of the tournament the USTA honoured a women's tennis star named Billie Jean King by renaming the tennis centre the 'USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center'. Although there are thousands of players (mostly male) more worthy of this honour, that in and of itself is not the bone I have to pick.

Most people know Billie Jean King as the winner of tennis' Battle of the Sexes. She was loudly proclaiming that women deserve as much prize money from their matches as the men. Due to this, Billie Jean King faced off against Bobby Riggs: male tennis star. Most people know Billie Jean King won fairly handily. What some people don't know is that Bobby Riggs was 55 and far past his tennis prime. They also don't know that the main reason he played in this match was for money and publicity. He was accompanied to the court by female models wearing tight leather. If that doesn't scream "PUBLICITY", nothing does. To me, the victory would have been better deserved had she beaten a good male tennis player. Like Jimmy Connors or Rod Laver. Of course, had she played Jimmy or Rod, she would have been embarrassed.

Anyways, I was watching the Women's Final: Maria Sharapova (130lbs of paradise as Burnsy would say) vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne. Luckily, Sharapova won and was presented with the winner's cheque. 1.7-odd MILLION DOLLARS. Comparable to what the men make. Sharapova then began to thank Billie Jean for all she has done for women's tennis and for the extra $500,000 in her pocket.

I have 3 huge issues with this. First, while men play best of 5 sets (needing to win 3 sets to take a match), women play best of 3 sets (only needing to win 2 sets to take a match). Why is it that the women can play less but make the same amount of money? Secondly, there is no way in hell that the #1-seeded women's player (Amelie Mauresmo) could hold a candle to the #1-seeded men's player (Roger Federer). So why is it that they get paid the same for winning a watered-down version of men's tennis? It would be like Damon Allen in the CFL making the $10,000,000 per-year that Brett Favre does in Green Bay. And finally, not only do the women play less tennis and at a watered-down level, but they DON'T EVEN GENERATE THE FAN BASE THAT MEN'S TENNIS DOES. I could be more understanding if more people showed up to a 3rd round womens match than a mens match, but that doesn't happen. Tennis still makes it's money off of men. And it always will because men will always be better at sports than women. Deal with it. Don't tell me any of you would rather watch the WNBA. Unless you're a dyke.

I'm thinking about starting a "movement" called Masculinism. It's purpose will be to protect humankind from ridiculousness.

17 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger michael lewis said...

You know how I know you're gay?

You know so much about, and you watch, TENNIS.

GAY!

Oh, and you're threatened by women.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger b00erns said...

Maria Sharipova (130 lbs of PARADISE) looked lovely on Sunday. Forget the feminism, she was gorgeous...

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger LBomb said...

You know how I know you're stupid, Chimmy? You read an article, but by the end of it you haven't been able to process what you read first.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger michael lewis said...

Sorry, what did you say? I was so bored I cannot remember what I read.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

Then stop posting comments on my blog for higher traffic purposes.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Brian Anthony said...

nice post, i was just going to post a similar one about feminism and michelle wie, and how the hell can she be golfing in the mens league after 6 straight dead last finishes? She continually gets owned but yet golfs on. Not that she would fare a whole lot better in the lpga but still. She's over her head. If Woods or Garcia or Singh went to the lpga for a tournament, they would be shocked they had tee's so close to the green.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle Wie is hot, go directly to jail and do not pass go hot.

Now that, that is out of the way I totally agree. As some of you may know I work for a Provincial Crown. They have a hiring policy based on percentages. Hence the work force will contain a % of white males, Females and Indians. Theoretically you could fill a lot of less desirable positions with "unqualified" representatives of the above mentioned demographics. Not to say that some are not qualified, but realistically its just not the type of work that historically generates alot of female and native attention. Not to get off track this presigious, or not so prestigious, coporation has actually publicly announce lowering standards stating they will hire from that demographic specifically to fit the hiring policy based on meeting "minimum requirements." Which is ok, unless there is someone more qualified. However they are more than content to fill the %s and not worry about how qualified the person actually is.

So what you have is 1 out of 4 employees is a good worker who does the work of 4 people, and 3 idiots who walk around like drooling vegetables.

Frustrating indeed.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

I agree with everything you said. However, when you say "some of you may know I work for a Provincial Crown", you are incorrect. No one has any idea who you are due to your anonymous moniker.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to hide in a cloud of anonymity.

But really how many people do you know that workfor a Crown Corporation and met Keith Ktachuck.

Ass.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger b00erns said...

Did you just type "Ktachuck"? LOL.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=5414

There ya go. Don't worry, I'm sure your as equally qualified as those damn minorities. LOL

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it still okay to say Indians?

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that by now, you have frustrated enough feminists and the like that not a single one even frequents your blog. It really is a shame, I was hoping to read their rants too.

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to blog on this thing? Seriously? Over a month since your last entry. Disappointing. I'm near the point where I stop checking. Like couldn't you even do one about "squirting"? LOL

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

Unfortunately, feminists don't know how to use computers, so they are unable to read my blog and therefore post on it.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, I agree 169% with you...lbomb!! I would also like to extend the equality arguement to include race. In our ass-backward province we have this little thing called an equity hiring policy. So, someone like me, with an education and a little ambition applies for a job in our lovely public service.If and when the planets align and I get an interview (supposing they didn't already throw out my resume b/c I didn't check off "Other") I get a phone call that says "we're sorry, you were the best person for the job, however, you did not check off that you were of minority". Uggggghhh!! Just give the best person for the job the fuckin' job already. I don't care if you are black, white, green, purple or polka-dotted....give the best person for the job the fuckin' job. I would seriously love it if once, just once, they designated a job for white people only. Holy SHIT!! You'd have a freakin' coup!!! This system breeds mediocraty and pertetuates people's sense of entitlement. I would even go as far as arguing that is creates MORE racism because of people's resentment towards the designated groups!! And, I'll admit, I at least have a chance...I'm a woman. At least I've got that going for (against?)me. If you are a healthy white male in this province, you may as well just pump gas or work on the rigs, because that is all you will find! Equality....not more equality!! That's all!!

And to briananthony....don't even get me started on Michelle Wie. She is freaking ridiculous!! Win on the LPGA tour FIRST why doncha and then MAYBE we'll talk about it!! Plus she looks like an idiot with her damn mouth open all the time and her uber-retarded dangley earrings. Like seriously!! I absolutley loved seeing her pathetic ass get hauled off the golf course in the ambulance when she had heat exhaustion!! What a drama queen!! If you can't stand the heat GET OFF OF THE GOLF COURSE!!!!! You wanna play like a girl....go play with the girls!

Lbomb...I love your blog just as much as you loved me in high school (which I hear is A LOT)!! ;) You're hilarious!! Keep 'em coming!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jenner said...

Who is this other Jen who posts on your blog now? I was once the only Jen.. Well.. you probably like it, cuz she's probably cute-- us Jens usually are. Forget feminism, how about Jenism. Everyone wins that way... and by that I mean I win, and hopefully some others indavertently get what I like to call the "fallout" win...

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that particular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are all over 210 dollars everwhere. But for all I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what do you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters Rule