Friday, January 13, 2006

Lost

Lost is the most amazing television show in the entire universe. The only show that can even compare to Lost in it's greatness is Family Guy. But that's an altogether different genre.

Normally in my blog, I gripe about the unfairness of life, stupidity of others and...well...that's about it. But once in a while; just once in a while, life hands you something so phenomenal that it makes you take your hat off and have a moment of respectful silence. Like at those things where someone is dead. That's what Lost does for me.

If you've never seen the show and you had someone explain it to you, it would seem terrible. Basically, some people are on a plane and the plane crashes on some remote island. They crash way off course, so no help can come to rescue them. They need to survive on the island making do with what they have.

With that synopsis, I'm sure no one (including myself) would ever watch the show. HOWEVER, Lost is so much more than that. It keeps you guessing at every corner. Every character on Lost has this intense past that keeps coming at you in the form of flashbacks. To add to the terror of being planewrecked on an island, there's apparently some monster on the loose. And also, there are some other people -evil people- on the island that sabotage and kill the people who are planewrecked.

Here is a brief synopsis of all the character who are important:

Jack - The main character. He's a doctor and is awesome. Dude performs a blood transfusion with the needle from a sea urchin.

Locke - An old guy who is awesome at everything and used to be in a wheelchair. Somehow the crash/the island gave him the use of his legs back and he walks around killing boars and finding exciting things.

Sayid - An Iraqi who used to torture people. Awesome.

Michael - Some black guy. Builds a raft. Sucks.

Charlie - An ex-heroine addict. Also an ex-hobbit.

Hurley - Fat guy who is super rich. Comic relief. Pretty cool.

Kate - Hot girl who killed people/robbed banks. Respectable...but still a girl.

Claire - Pregnant girl whose baby is psycho.

Jin - Asian dude who beats his wife/other people.

Sun - Jin's wife who gets owned.

Sawyer - Awesome "bad guy" who hoards things until people need them then makes chicks kiss him when they want the things he's hoarded. Super cool. He should fight Jack. Or better yet, Boone...

Boone - Pussy lifeguard. Has sexual relations with his sister.

Shannon - Boone's sister. Has sexual relations with Boone. And Sayid. And everyone else.

Watch Lost. If you see 1 episode and it doesn't make you want to watch more, then I will personally eat McDonalds. That's my promise to you.

That comment earlier about someone being dead was over the line. Even I recognize that.

14 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger michael lewis said...

Are you going to eat a big mac or a mc-chicken?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger LBomb said...

Sorry. My wager didn't include the people who would rather watch a political debate than be reasonably entertained.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Jenner said...

Lost is my favorite show. So props to you. But it sounds like you've been watching a dvd of earlier seasons cuz now there's more characters and lots more has happened... and two of the characters you mentioned are dead now... best show ever. (will you buy me some mcdonald's anyway??)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Jenner said...

ps. I don't mind the fillet of fish...

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

2 of them are dead. Thanks. Thanks alot. I love when people ruin things for me. I owe you one.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Jenner said...

I didn't tell you who dies. Relax. Plus it's all over the comercials and in magazines and stuff, so you're bound to come across it real soon anyway unless you get watching and catch up. It gets even better.. you don't even know.

(ps. let's watch your brian reagan dvd)

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Jenner said...

lbomb, don't be like that.

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hendy I took your advise to lick your sweaty nut sack. However it seems you are quite anatomically incorrect not unlike Barbie. Now go back to your mondain life of petty squaballing on the internet where behind a screen name even you can earn Hero cookies by talking dirty.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger LBomb said...

Im sorry, anonymous, if you continue to post comments on my blog, I will have to call your mother. You must have at least a grade 5 English course under your belt before you start surfing the internet. Oh, and sorry about your demotion at SARCAN.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello "hendy", it's anonymous "2" again. Seeing as you mentioned licking sweaty ball sacks, I figured that you must have some experience in that "arena." I really want to do it right, so any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. Also, would sweaty ball sack licking be considered inappropriate while one is watching Care Bears? or Lost perhaps, because watching Lost is the equivalent of choking on a short and curly hair while sucking a sweaty ball sack! Just my opinion!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost blows, just like hendy and lbomb! One could assume, seeing as they both like Lost, that they blow together, right?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

Hmm...looks like anonymous and anonymous 2 are teaming up together. One could assume, seeing as they both like reading my blog and that I blow, that they blow together, right?

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you guys got me! I'm both anonymous and anonymous "2"! I can't believe it took you two (who are obviously mental giants) this long to figure out who I am. I mean I am obviously a gay, friendless, grade 5, Care Bear watching, self blowing, Sarcan employee, who lives with his mom, and hangs out outside of the rainbow?! First of all you two are truly deductive geniuses, and second of all what is the rainbow?? I so enjoy this friendly banter, and am so insulted that hendy claims he wouldn't let me near him! I mean assuming hendy is a guy, he sounds hot! Lbomb sounds interesting but not nearly as hot! No offence!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

Beautiful. Admission is the 1st step. Keep it up and you'll soon be onto step 2 - Stupidity is NOT hereditary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters Rule