Friday, April 01, 2005

My Landlady blows

So first of all, I don't know what's going on with this blog site. the day i set it up, it crashes and people can't see my blog. That totally blows cause lots of people are only going to check my blog from the link i sent them in the email. So, instead of my site being the 8,000,000th most popular site on the internet, it'll be the 8,000,700th most popular site. F.

So back to my story about why my Landlady is a hag. I will refer to her as Susan Bray because that's her real name and I want anyone who is looking for a place to live to know NOT to live with her. Susan knows my schedule. She asked for it and knows that I'm on nights all during the week. So what does she do? Does she have some respect for me seeing as I'm paying rent (even though I've given my month's notice)? No. She goes ahead and schedules people to come look at the house during the afternoon. She called me at 2pm after I had been asleep for 2 hours. This is how the conversation went:

LBomb - In a gravelly sleepy voice "Hello?"
SB - "Hi. Did I wake you?"
LBomb - "Yes. I am werking nights."
SB - "Oh." As if she didn't know "Ummm....well, I have a lady coming over to look at the suite at 3pm. Ummm....is that ok?" It wasn't a question.
LBomb - "Well...I'm SLEEPING..." Hopefully she got the hint.
SB - "Oh. Ummm...well, as you know, since you're moving out I'll have to be showing the suite, so, ummm, that doesn't really work for me." She didn't get the hint.
LBomb - "...Alright..."
SB - "Well, ummm, what time did you get home?"
LBomb - "11"
SB - "Oh, I thought you'd get home at 9. Well maybe I'll see if they can come back later."

Ok...am I missing something here? Who cares if I get off at 11 or if i get off at 9? You're waking me up after either 3 or 5 hours of sleep. This is UNACCEPTABLE. She calls back (waking me up of course), in an hour to tell me they aren't coming til 5. She then has the nerve to say:

SB - "They're coming over at 5, so you can get some more sleep and then clean up a little bit."

Clean up a little bit? No, Susan, I can't clean up a little bit. You can SHUT YOUR MOUTH. First, you infringe on my sleep time which is usually 10-12 hours daily. THEN, you tell me I should clean up a bit? Yeah. I'll clean up. I'll clean my filthy bathroom using your plethora of chest and back hair. I then went upstairs and smacked her in the face with a hot iron (ok, that was a lie cause I'm a pussy).

Who does that to people? I'm paying rent here. Give me a freaking break. I likely pay more than 3/4 of the mortgage in this peice of crap house and you're calling me, after I've slept 2 WHOLE HOURS, and telling me to clean up because you've got someone looking at the suite? I hope your car breaks down and your boyfriend dumps you.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger LBomb said...

stevethepirate is cool...but i don't know who he/she is.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Tucker said...

Tell your landlord that she is a bitch.

Is there a way you can complain to the Rental Tenancy Association or something similar, I know that we have on in Aust. Over here they must give you a minimum of 24hrs notice before any entry to the property is allowed.

But seeing/reading how she has acted I think you are doing the best thing by moving out. I just feel sorry for the next poor person who has to deal with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters Rule