Monday, April 04, 2005

My Landlady blows 2

I received a post on my My Landlady blows blog entry from some guy named Tucker in Australia. I have never met Tucker and have NO idea how he got my blogsite. However, I am deeply indebted to Tucker as he had an idea that I hadn't thought of. He suggested that I contact that Canadian equivalent of Australia's "Rental Tenancy Association" and see if there was anything I could do about this situation legally.

I should also mention at this point that another situation had arisen where Susan wanted me to leave my suite while she showed it. We had an argument about this where Susan basically told me that since it was her house, she expected me to adhere to her will no matter what. This incensed me. When I got home from having lunch with Rya, I found that Susan had taken it upon herself to clean my bathroom counter of my toiletries and my bedroom floor of some clothes. The clothes included 2 shirts and a pair of sweatpants. This also incensed me.

Continuing with the story, I took Tucker's idea and went to work trying to find out if there was such a thing as a Rental Tenancy Association. Eventually, after making 2 phonecalls, I found there was something called the Rentalsman's Office which enforces the Residential Tenancies Act. I spoke to a representative and she told me that although ,since I gave my one month's notice, Susan doesn't need to give me 24 hours notice prior to entering my suite. HOWEVER, I do not have to leave the premesis. I found this out and when she called me to tell me another person was coming to look at the suite, I had a word with her:

SB - "Ummm, there's someone coming over now that wants to have a look at the suite."
LBomb - "Alright, but there's something I need to talk to you about first."
SB - "OK"
LBomb - "I went to the Rentalsman's Office this afternoon to talk to them about what's going on."
SB - "OK..."
LBomb - "They told me that you were allowed to have as many people come and view the suite as you need to within reasonable hours."
SB "Uh-huh." She said this very pompously

I gave her a few seconds to savour the victory before I dropped the bomb.

LBomb - "They also told me that I don't have to leave the suite if I don't want to."

Silence on the other line...

LBomb - "But out of courtesy, I will stand outside the door while you show people throught."
SB - "Ummm, ok, I guess that will work."
LBomb - "Also, I expect you to stop touching my stuff."
SB - "I haven't touched anything of yours."
LBomb - "You touched my clothes on the floor."
SB - "Oh, yes. I did." Frickin rights she did "I put them into your hamper."
LBomb - "You also swept my toiletries on the bathroom counter into a drawer."
SB - "Umm...oh yes, I did."
LBomb - "You need to stop touching my stuff."
SB - "Then you need to keep your place clean."
LBomb - "It's toiletries. You can go to any house in the country and find toiletries on their bathroom counter. If you want to continue touching my personal belongings, I will stay here while you show the suite to ensure that nothing is touched, moved, or removed."
SB - "Why are you making this such a big deal?"
LBomb - "Because, Susan, I feel like my privacy is being invaded. I'm not asking something difficult. Simply, that you wouldn't touch my personal belongings."
SB - "Fine. I won't touch your stuff."
LBomb - "Thank you. Goodbye." ~click~

Seriously. Don't piss with me. I don't appreciate it.

Tucker - you rule. Thanks, guy.

2 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Tucker said...

Not a problem LBomb

I had a similar situation a few years ago.

One thing I have always learned: If someone is pissing you off, there are always legalities to pin them on if you want to play back "nicely"

Also I found your blog by clicking the next blog button.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Dennill said...

Lbomb... when i get back in the country (2 days) i want to call susan and set up a "viewing" and royally mess with her. maybe would could get tucker over here too, just to act as my "legal council" in the affair to make sure if i do choose to rent the suite, that my crap isn't touched and Susan allows me sleep. With a sub-clause that she stops being such a hoebag.
we could dress Bippy in an all black suit, with tight shades on as my security so if Susan was even thinking about thinking about touching me, tucker, or my stuff.... BAAAAAM grand amplitude hip toss through the coffee table. of course after doing so Bip's would stand over her carcas and say something witty like "How you like me NOW!?" PLease have all video and audio equipment needed to capture this event for the purpose of viewing repeatedly till we wet ourselves, set up and ready! Outs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters Rule